Saturday, October 9, 2010

Adventures in home ownership: the door edition

After a great deal of (literal) blood, sweat, tears and at least one pulled muscle, and after two Xanax and me depleting my savings account, I now have a new back door.  Fortunately for me, I already had a saw hole driller, because the spaces for the locks was about four inches off on the new door (and yes, I put it on right side up.  There was weather stripping for the bottom.  It only fits on the bottom.  It's facing the floor.  Fuggoff.).  Also fortunately for me, I was able to get this done so that the door will CLOSE, and that I will be able to lock the locks, because I do not have the money for new locks.  I will on Wednesday.

I just replaced that lock like three months ago.

I still also have to get weather stripping for the top and sides of the door, and the frame frankly looks like a drunken epileptic chimpanzee on meth did the repairs, but I no longer have to worry about my house being IMMEDIATELY burglarized.  I have to pay Christ only knows how much to get the alarm adjusted *in advance*, as well as likely being required to enter into a minimum of a one year contract, though, and I am absolutely furious about all of that.

I am absolutely outraged at this turn of events and don't wish to discuss any more about it.  And I will be getting a new toilet after all, despite having conquered the bolt.  Which is a whole other story in and of itself.

The kicker of it is, I was seriously contemplating doing the tile in the bathrooms, since I had the toilet up already. I even found some tile I like.  But THIS has pushed that comparatively small project back several months.

No comments:

Post a Comment